Saturday, January 5, 2008

ch-ch-ch-changes...

Today the tears are gone. My feelings are still hurt. But I am recovering. I have sort of developed a fuck you attitude. I'm not sure if that is due to a protective urge or if I feel that some of what was said was off base. I think probably a little of both.

I have decided it is time to make some healthy choices. Small, steady and do-able is my goal. Here is what I implemented today:

  1. Eliminate one bad-for-me food every two weeks. This week's choice? French Fries. I don't even like fries that much, but I always eat them since they come with the chicken or burger or whatever. This is a change that should save me several hundred calories each week with little pain. Let's figure that I eat at McDonalds once per week, usually having a medium fry (382 calories, 20.1 grams of fat) and at our local bar and grill where I have a large side of curly fries once per week (631 calories, 37 grams fat!).
  2. Second small change. Start using my salad plates instead of platter-sized dinner plates for at home meals. I found today that I served probably half the rice at dinner that I normally would and had only one roll because that is all that would fit on the plate. I am fully aware that portion size is a huge problem for me. I have read that this will help some.

I have a few more thoughts, but they can wait for tomorrow. As my hero Scarlett says, it is another day.

No comments: