Sunday, February 17, 2008

Food Journaling

I read an article in Good Housekeeping or some other old lady magazine about food journaling the other day. I found it pretty simplistic and easy to do. One woman had lost something like 150lbs using the method. The main idea is to write everything you eat, every meal, every lick, every drink or nibble. The lady that lost that huge amount of weight made it a habit of writing down everything before she ate it. Want a candy bar, ok. Just write it in the book first. The idea is that you will really start to examine what you are putting in your body. You will watch for the proper balance of meats vs. breads vs veggies. Of course, I could use a whole page of just candy. Ummm, Candy. Candy is my weakness. Sugar, sweets, yumminess. If the world's sugar supply evaporated today, I would lose 100 lbs in a snap. How do you quit a socially acceptable addiction? I wonder if the notebook method may be a way to help me become more aware, at least. Can't hurt to try for two weeks, I think. So. starting tomorrow, I journal. I can do it. I can discipline myself. Ja?

No comments: